WORLD PICKLEBALL FEDERATION NEWS RELEASE SUMMERIZED VERSION
Pickleball Is All Bloggers Facebook Group Author/Moderator Joe Palmere Jr.
The World Pickleball Federation welcomes the world pickleball family to the beginning of an explosion of new ideas that will carry the sport into the 20th year of the 21st Century. The WPF has assembled a team of the best and brightest individuals who are working to advance the sport of Pickleball on an international level.
After 21 months of meetings, fact finding, and a tremendous amount of work the founders team is ready to launch the World Pickleball Federation (WPF).
The WPF Confederations will consist of:
Asian Pickleball Federation
Europoean Pickleball Federation
North American Pickleball Federation
South American Pickleball Federatioin
Oceanic Pickleball Federation
African Pickleball Federation
The first of many WPF goals to be achieved are:
1. Fulfilling the requirements of the International Olympic Committee to allow the sport of Pickleball to become an Olympic sport.
2. Striving to attain a World Championship possibly in Seattle, Washington of the USA or Vancouver Canada in the summer of 2021, to attract each countries best players to compete for the world best of the best.
3. WPF will allow an official court size which is the exact same as the badminton doubles court which will mean the addition of over 100,000 new courts all across the world.
- The only difference in the old court and the new court is the non-volley zone line will be 6 inches (15.24 cm) closer to the net.
- Current court dimensions will also be legal which gives two options to the court size.
4. WPF is encouraging the paddle manufacturers to continue to develop paddles that use modern technology to allow our players to have the best equipment made.
- This game should be exciting to watch with a mixture of delicate drop shots and powerful overheads.
- Several paddle manufacturers have developed unique paddles such as the Apike and the S-Type Prototype which offer the players an option different from the traditional composite, wooden, graphite and aluminum paddles.
5. Ball manufactures are encouraged to continue use better plastic or other material that allows the balls to last longer.
- The WPF endorses the Duraball for all play indoors and outdoors.
6. There will be a Ranking system for each country and for the entire world.
7. There will also be a rating system which would make tournament play fairer with players of equal ability competing within their own divisions.
- An Open division will continue to be the ultimate venue for the top players.
- Players will be ranked separately in Singles and Doubles.
8. The ultimate goal is to have a game that is fun to play, competitive and that the viewing public would want to watch in person or on television. Televised Marketing will be very important to the future of Pickleball.
9. WPF will develop a marketing plan that shows the rest of the world what we as players and fans already know, that pickle ball is a fun and exciting sport that can be enjoyed by a diverse world population.
The WPF welcomes everyone from all over the world to join us in taking this wonderful sport to the next level.
For additional information visit the WPF website and help promote this great sport by posting questions, ideas and answers in our forum section. http://www.worldpickleballfederation.org